Saturday, May 14, 2011

The joy of cooking

For some reason, the cooking bug has bitten me recently on the behind.

We're working on tasty and low-fat...although the compromise is tasty and more gym time!

Two weekends back we pigged out on a home-made lemon meringue pie - the Dragon's favourite. I meant to save some for my dad...

Last weekend I made some delicious chicken filo pies. I have to confess to minimal filo experimentation until recently however it is now officially my favourite pastry. I cooked up onion, mushroom, shredded chicken, creamy tomato, chilli and some herbs...let it cool...then individual filo pies with a sprinkling of sesame with sweet chilli sauce on the side. Mmmmm...

Today I made Italian Drip Beef inspired from thepioneerwoman.com. I used beef stock, fire-roasted capsicums and mixed herbs. Delicious. And lots left over for lunch and beef filo pies!

Dessert tonight was orange loaf, inspired from this recipe. I made it as a loaf and drizzled the glaze over the tin so it soaked in the top and bottom. At the Dragon's request, we had slices with custard. He has a strong view that 1) all savoury food is better with bacon and 2) all sweet food is better with custard. Mmmmmmmmm...and leftovers to freeze (see? Look at the responsibility here!)

I am now plotting risotto, chicken parmigiana and tiramasu. I love being inspired by a good website!

The Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment