Friday, February 26, 2010

Marital ranting

I note the words of wisdom below. My turn to chip in! I've been thinking about the wonderful situation I find myself in work-wise.

Worked hard at school. University for 6 years. 8 years of working long hours as a public servant. And my reward at the end of this? Unemployment. Uncertainty over what jobs are available. Unsure whether we can stay in our own home - bit hard to fund the mortgage with fresh air (although a spider may be an option).

The mealy mouthings from politicians about involving staff in decision making really is lip service. Until there's buy-in from senior managers, it's all just words (how rare).

No wonder contracting (in its many forms) is so popular. No one wants to pay you regularly for your skills, might as well chase the mighty dollar.

Apparently we all work because we *love* it so much.

Grump, grump. Must be a pinot noir around here somewhere!

The Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment